Wednesday, March. 24th, 2021
SENIOR LIVING OPTIONS
Memory care communities offer assistance with Alzheimer’s disease and related forms of dementia. It can be devastating to watch a loved one progress through dementia. Memory care communities are specifically designed to meet seniors with dementia where they are, create a purposeful and intentional lifestyle, and help families cope with a difficult diagnosis. Memory care communities partner with families, restoring family relationships, and helping to carry the caregiver burden.
In a memory care community residents are offered dementia-friendly meals, secured outdoor spaces to prevent wandering, innovative therapies, and a gently structured day that is reassuring and calming for seniors with dementia.
HOW DO I KNOW A LOVED ONE IS READY FOR MEMORY CARE?
Many families choose to care for a loved one in the early stages of dementia. However, as the disease progresses, professional memory care is typically needed.
Here are some signs that it’s time to transition to a memory care community.
* Are you worried about the physical safety of your loved one when you are not there?
* Are you worried about your own safety around your loved one as the disease progresses and confusion becomes more common?
* Are you experiencing exhaustion, fatigue, or caregiver burnout?
* Is your loved one neglecting financial obligations?
* Is your loved one neglecting their personal care?
* Are you concerned about your loved one wandering?
* Is your loved one’s living conditions subpar?
* Is your loved one feeling isolated or lonely?
* Have you noticed unexplained physical changes in your loved one?
* Do you want to restore your role as your loved one’s child?
Wednesday, June 9th, 2021
Guia para organizar
la venta de
inmuebles y pertenencias
FREE 30 Minutes
Zoom, Phone, or In-PersonWith Michael